From The Editor


Well, this is one of the really great annual posts that I have to labour through at this point in the Julian Calender, and do so without the normal, proper posting motivation (ie: being thoroughly annoyed about the subject of the post).

As most of you know, I live in Sydney, Australia, and the Christmas we experience here is altogether a different thing to what our readers in northern climes would expect. There's no snow, which is a geniune shame. I'm a purist, and I believe that humanity's ongoing failure to reproduce the weather machine from Superman III is a serious blot on an otherwise impressive record of technological achievement.

There is, however, an abundance of blue skies. Summer has been a little slow in coming this year, but now it is really starting to become pleasant. Most Australians will spend Christmas day in the 'traditional' Australian way of sharing seafood and wine, often by the beaches or harbours.
It's a good thing, being able to really enjoy this special time with the people we love most, and I think at times we -- well, I certainly do, at any rate -- tend not to appreciate it fully. We all have things on our mind, pressing concerns that will still be there once the tinsel has come down with the mistletoe. Islamists around the world are busy plotting to kill more innocent human beings for being of the wrong faith. Fanatical secularists are doing everything possible to discredit and delegitimize the other two monotheistic religions, and the harmless holidays we enjoy through them. Leftist politicians are being stupid everywhere, and 50% of the population cheers them on to greater heights of abyssmal retardation.

Still, we should all make an effort to forget these things, at least for a while, for the sake of those we love, if for no other reason. Our enemies win if they manage to so thoroughly intrude on our lives that we can no longer enjoy something as pure and joyful as Christmas.

A long time ago, far back into the Jurassic mists of my childhood, it seemed that the spirit of Christmas was about people doing what they could to make other people happy. I know that if I stopped raving for five seconds, it would have those around me writhing on the floor in ecstacy.

So, to all my RWDB brethren out there, and my loony lunar moonbat leftist adversaries too, I say this. Let us declare a temporary truce, and for a short time go about doing what, in a perfect world, we would be doing all the time.

So take care of yourselves, and take care of those you love.

And have a very Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them